Gmail is an amazing email service used by millions all over the world. It is a by-product of Google and has been used by businesses and people alike. You can sign up either using a phone number or a regular email address. Making a Google Account and Google Account signups have never been easier.
It has been popularized due to its completely unique features, and the fact that it is free. It has been 11 years since its release, and it has easily overtaken other emails such as Hotmail. Gmail currently has more than one billion users and continues to grow.
It continues to have updates and its most recent update in April added many more new features. Some of these features include confidential mode and email snoozing. With all these amazing features, it is only natural to want many accounts, right?
How Many Accounts Can I Have?
If we are asking the question of how many Google accounts can I have with my phone number, then the answer is 4 – 5. However, the question is how many accounts are possible. The answer to that is a bit different.
The Possible Amount of Accounts
Without using phone numbers, you can have as many accounts you want. How many Google accounts can I have, 1, 100, 1000 it is all up to you.
Creating Accounts with One Account
There is one easy way to have many Gmail accounts with one main address. All you have to do is tweak your permanent address just a tad, and voila a new account is made. For example, let’s say your permanent address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
All you have to do is add some letters or words to your original address. For example, let’s make it into email@example.com. That is a completely new email, and it is easy to remember. This is a new address, and even if you are emailed to this address, you will still receive the message on your original address.
However, it is important not to spam Gmail or violate their terms and conditions as they may remove your account or even send a legal warning. There is a boundary to how many emails can be sent per day.
Steps to Add Accounts
It has never been easier to make a Google account. Just follow these easy steps and make your account today.
- The first step is to go to Google account signups and sign into Chrome.
- You will see an option as profile written on the top right-hand side. Click on the icon.
- Upon clicking there will be a popup window, which will appear with the menu. Click on “Add account” and then just simply follow the instructions.
- When you reach the drop-down, choose the type of account you wish to create.
- If you choose to use phone numbers, you will have to verify your number and decide whether to use the same number for different accounts.
- Read through the privacy and terms and click I agree, and voila your account is made.
- Switching emails is also extremely easy, as you just have to click on the profile icon to switch between accounts.
If You Want to Mass Mail
If you wish to send mass mails, there are many other services available that allow you to do so. Services such as SendGrid and MailChimp allow for mass mails at any time. They have great reputations and might be perfect for your mass mailing endeavours.
Problems With Having Many Accounts
As we have established, there are no limitations on the number of accounts you can make on Google. However, with more accounts, there come certain problems and risks. As you have more accounts, you will have more addresses and passwords that you will have to remember.
One way around this potential issue is to link your accounts with your previous accounts as the recovery email address. You can also set up an excel sheet with all your usernames and passwords written on it.
Managing Multiple Google Accounts
It can often be a daunting task to manage many Google accounts. Not all people can manage more than one Google accounts. However, there are some easy tips and tricks to help you manage multiple Google accounts.
- There are some Gmail-specific tools, which are available on Gmail, which can aid greatly in managing. This feature is just one of the reasons Gmail is so popular.
- Google has an innate account switcher, which can help open many accounts in only one browser window. This reduces the number of windows opened at once.
- Sometimes there is no need for many Google accounts, and the best solution is just to have fewer accounts.
- Another way to manage your accounts is by using Shift. The Shift can manage all your accounts, Google accounts, and other types as well.
Google Tools to Manage Google Accounts
There are many built-in functions in Google, which can help greatly to manage multiple accounts. Here are just some examples.
- Checker Plus is an extension present in Chrome. This extension allows you to check all your emails from every account in one place. You can also compose emails via the extension
- If you own a Mac, there is an application known as Mailplane. Mailplane has access to your emails, calendars, and contacts in just one application. This application can also search for files and emails. However, it is important to note Mailplane is not a free application.
- Google has a built-in account switcher, which can help you manage multiple accounts. While viewing Google, you can click on your account icons, directly taking you to a menu. This menu will allow you to switch accounts as you see fit.
Gmail remains to this day an extremely popular email still to this day. Making many Google accounts seems viable for many individuals and is extremely easy. It is not difficult nowadays to make many addresses for an account. There are also many extensions and applications to help manage many accounts.