Google Docs has a lifeless white color in the background by default. If white is your color, then well and good. But what if you wish to change the background from white to a more vibrant color well suited to your liking? Worry not, for there is a way to make your wish come true.
Fortunately, Google Docs lets you crank it up by changing the background color to your preference.
You can easily grasp how to change the page color in a Google Docs. Google Doc web app has the best variety when it comes to color options.
It allows you to pick any color of your choice. However, the mobile app for Android, iOS and iPadOS provides a somewhat smaller range of colors.
If you want to learn how to change the page color in a Google Doc, all you need to do is follow the provided steps.
How to Change the Page Color in a Google Docs Web App?
Whether you wish to change the page color of a new document or an existing one, Google Docs Web app makes it extremely easy.
You can set any background color as your default in the newer documents that you create.
On the downside, you can’t have different background colors for specific pages in the same Google Docs Document.
Here is how to change the page color in a Google Doc in Google Docs Web App:
- STEP 1: Open the document, new or existing, that you wish to edit in the Google Docs web app.
- STEP 2: Now open File and select Page Setup from the drop down list to access your page settings menu.
- STEP 3: After the Page Setup box appears, select the new page color of your liking selecting the Page Color icon.
- STEP 4: Select one of the colors from the multiple preset colors shown in the drop-down menu. Furthermore, if you wish to create a custom page color instead, you can do so by choosing the ‘+’ icon under the Custom label.
You can enter a hexadecimal color code of a specific color in the custom color menu. Moreover, you can use the hue bar to select a color and then choose the shade using the color matching tool.
- STEP 5: Once you have chosen the perfect color for your page, click OK in the Page Setup menu.
The selected color will be immediately applied to your page by Google Docs. Besides that, if you wish to set the selected color to apply to new documents automatically, you can click on ‘Set as Default’.
Unfortunately, Google Docs does not allow different color to be applied to separate pages in a document.
In order to attain that, you will have to spread your content over multiple Google Docs files and edit the page colors separately for each document.
How to Change the Page Color in a Google Docs in Android and IOS?
Google Docs mobile application allows you to change the background color for a document using various presets.
But it does not let you fine-tune your choices nor use Hexadecimal color codes. It also restricts you from setting a color as a default for the newer documents.
Follow the given steps to change the page color of your Google Doc in Android or iOS:
- STEP 1: Open the document you wish to edit in the Google Docs mobile app. You can choose a new as well as an existing document.
- STEP 2: Tap on the icon with three dots present in the top-right corner of the application.
- Step 3: Select ‘Page Setup’ from the list of options that appear.
- STEP 4: Tap on the ‘Page Color’ option in the Page Setup menu.
- STEP 5: Select your color present with the help of the slider on the top. After picking the desired color shade, tap on the Black icon to confirm your selected color.
- STEP 6: Exit the Page Setup menu by tapping on the cross in the top-left corner. Google Docs will apply the chosen background color to your document.
BRAVO! You have successfully changed the page color of your Google Doc.
How to Change the Page Color in a Google Docs in iPadOS?
The Google Docs application for iPadOS similar to its mobile app for Android and iOS. To illustrate, you cannot add Hexadecimal color codes or set default page colors. Given below are the steps you need to follow to change the page color of your Google Doc:
- STEP 1: Open your Document and bring up the Page Setup menu by tapping on the three dots icon.
- STEP 2: Select ‘Page color’ option. Now choose your required color preset from the given variety. Then adjust the color shade to your satisfaction.
One significant pro of using Google Doc in iPad is that you can open the Google Docs Web app on it. As Safari works in Desktop mode by default, you can very easily use Google Docs in it.
The web app has much more fruits you can enjoy as compared to the mobile app. You can fine-tune your background color and also set default background colors for new documents.
You can use a mouse or trackpad with your iPad to enjoy better experience in Google Docs than its mobile app in terms of cursor support.
In conclusion, Google Docs has provided great ease in terms of functionality. You can follow the uncomplicated steps provided above to change the page color of your Google Doc.
You can play around with different hues until you reach the color of your satisfaction. It will hopefully be a delightful experience on the whole.
For more information check other blog posts on our website.