As we approach 2021, many new types of technologies emerge. One such technology is the Xiaomi air charge technology. This technology removes the need for wires entirely as you can charge your devices across several meters.
Let us turn up into more about this type of technology and Xiaomi’s role.
What is Wireless Charging?
Wireless charging may seem like a new invention; however, it has been around since the 19th century. When the electricity genius Nikola Tesla showed the ability to transmit electricity by using magnetic fields.
- Over the years, it has not been used as much with the exception of maybe toothbrushes. Nowadays, though, many wireless charging technologies are being used. These range from smartphones to cars. Wireless charging essentially allows you to get power many meters away from a charger.
- This technology has improved over the years and has recently been more popular. With Xiaomi’s new announcement, this is no doubt exciting for technology enthusiasts and shows a road to the future.
How Does Wireless Charging Work?
Wireless charging has many different types, however, the principle is the same in all. Electricity can be transmitted using magnetic fields, a transmitter, and a receiver. A magnetic loop creates a magnetic field, which in turn creates a current in receivers. If the proper amount of capacitance is present, we can magnify the amount of current through the phenomenon of resonance.
The amount of current you wish to transfer then depends on the size of the coil. A large enough coil can even power a car. However, normally the coils are only a few inches.
Air Charging and What it is?
Aircharge is a relatively new technology but shows great promise. It has the opportunity to redefine the behavior of waiting for your phone to charge. Charging your devices overnight and using cables to actually charge devices.
- Aircharge allows charging to become a simple habit, and your battery will never run out. Aircharge is certified to Qi standard for wireless charging. It also transfers energy through electromagnetic induction; there is also an induction coil in the charger, which creates an electromagnetic field. A receiver coil in the phone, which converts AC into DC, which allows the battery to receive electricity, then receives this field.
Xiaomi Aircharge Technology
Xiaomi has recently announced “Mi Air Charge Technology,” which is a wireless charging system and is able to charge any devices within a few meters. They aim for a wireless future with this system as it can charge multiple devices from a distance.
- 5W can be provided to multiple devices at the same time, and according to their official statement, any physical barrier does not reduce efficiency. You can move around the room and move objects without worrying about reducing the speed of your charging.
- This technology can work with smartwatches and many other smart home devices. All these devices can be powered by the same remote system. This type of technology has been released many times, and until it is released in the market, you should not keep your hopes up too high. This technology is still new and is yet to gain popularity. However, Xiaomi has produced many breakthroughs and hopefully will continue to do so.
How Mi Air Charge Works?
Xiaomi has released in an official statement that their charging lies in space and energy transmission. Most chargers require a wire and even wireless chargers still need a power source.
This power source can be an outlet or a battery. Xiaomi, however, plans to use radio waves to properly charge a device throughout the air.
- Their charging pile has five built-in antennas, which can accurately determine the location of your smartphone. It may also contain a phase control array composed of many antennas, which transmit waves to your phone. This wave is broadcasted to your devices and can charge many phones at five W.
- On the smartphone, there is a small antenna, which acts as a receiving antenna. This receiving antenna converts the waves into electrical energy, which then provides the phone electricity for charging.
- These built-in antennas are able to receive waves with low power consumption, and waves are converted into electrical energy concluded through a rectifier circuit. Any phone with this receiving antenna array can connect as long as it is within a few meters.
When Can We Expect It?
Currently, there is no confirmed release date, and no information is present to determine if this technology would be available to consumers. We know with confidence that if this technology is available to consumers, it will be extremely expensive until further advancements.
Future of Wireless Charging
We had heard about wireless charging before, mainly from Apple, when Apple was rumored to be partnered with Energous, another company focusing on wireless charging.
- Apple may consider it in a future iPhone as they are slowly moving away from charging ports completely. As technology improves, maybe it may be seen commonly in all households one day.
- Xiaomi wishes to have a room where smartwatches, bracelets, and phones are all automatically charged without any wires. This will one day make our rooms truly wireless. Soon the things only possible in sci-fi may be experienced in reality.
This announcement by Xiaomi certainly excites anyone interested in the future of wireless charging. This is the next natural step to wireless charging, which requires a power source. Even though there is no release date, we can expect it to be polished in the later years.
Wireless charging has improved vastly over the years and isn’t slowing down any time now. Xiaomi’s Mi air charge system does seem promising and may be compatible with most smart devices available nowadays.
Wireless charging and air charging looks to be the future of charging devices and maybe a part of new generations of phones and smart devices.
Best Amazon Valentine Day Tech Deals
Google Pixel Phones tracks your heart and respiratory rate through Google Fit App