Your laptop is probably the most convenient and most used gadget in the home, after the mobile phone of course. This handy device can be used anywhere but with the portability comes the high risk.
The risk of dirt, bacteria, germs and whatnot. Particularly in the recent Covid time, we all are so cautious about cleaning and disinfecting everything. So here comes the question, how to clean your laptop at home?
Apart from looking untidy and leaving a bad impact, all this filth comes up with health concerns. But the problem is sometimes we are so lazy about such small yet important tasks that we keep on ignoring them.
The same is the case with cleaning your laptop. However, your laptop should be cleaned from time to time so that it keeps on working efficiently.
Here is the complete guide for you about how to clean your laptop at home with some basic and easily available things
Things To Do Before Cleaning
Before you start cleaning, make sure your laptop is powered off and then unplug it. Remove all the cables and the battery if it is removable and remember, never use any sort of liquid directly on the laptop.
You will end up damaging it instead of cleaning it. Moreover, don’t use any harsh chemicals such as bleach or ammonia as they can cause harm.
Things You Need
Well, you can get your laptop cleaned by some vendor but why spend money on it when you can easily do it at home. So the goal here is to show you how to clean your laptop at home without spending money. Some of the things you need are listed below.
- A microfiber cloth
- A sponge
- Cotton swabs
- Gentle dish soap
- Isopropyl alcohol
- Distilled water
- A small dry brush
- Compressed air (optional)
Let’s Get Started!
The accessories of laptop are delicate and should be handled with care. You have to be very careful in the process otherwise you might damage the device. So let me guide you step by step according to each accessory how to can your laptop at home.
How To Clean Laptop Case At Home?
The case of the laptop is the outer area of the laptop except for the screen and keyboard. You can clean the laptop case at home by following the below-mentioned steps.
- Step 1: Clean the surface with a dry cloth to remove dust. Then prepare a cleaning solution by mixing one part of dish soap into five parts of distilled water.
- Step 2: Now dip a sponge into this solution and squeeze it until there is no water and it seems dry. Clean the case thoroughly with this slightly damp sponge and use a cotton swab for the smaller areas where the sponge can’t reach.
- Step 3: You can use compressed air to dry the case but if it is not available, you can use a microfiber cloth to absorb any remaining moisture. This will give a smooth and polished look to the outer case of your laptop.
How To Clean Laptop Screen At Home?
- Step 1: Use a microfiber cloth to gently clean the screen without pressing it too much. Be really careful as a little pressure can damage the screen of your laptop.
- Step 2: If there are some stains, grime or stubborn sticky stuff on the screen that couldn’t be removed with a dry cloth, use a wet piece of cloth same as you used for the case. Make sure to squeeze it completely so the excess water could not cause the damage to screen.
- Step 3: Remember, you have to move the cloth in one direction. Don’t wipe to and fro or in a circular motion. In this way, the chances of scratches are minimized.
- Step 4: Then use compressed air or wet cloth to absorb the remaining moisture. This will leave a shining and new screen.
- Step 5: If the above methods are not working, do not use harsh household chemicals on the screen at all. Instead, consider investing in a screen cleaning it
You can buy these from a shop or online and they are the best and safest method to clean a laptop screen at home.
How To Clean Laptop Keyboard At Home
The keyboard is the dirtiest and toughest part of the laptop to clean. All the dirt, food crumbs and dust particles are trapped between the keys. I will guide you in detail on how to clean the laptop keyboard at home without removing the keys.
- Step 1: Start the process by cleaning the keys. Turn the laptop upside down and use a small dry brush to remove the dirt and particles from the keys.
- Step 2: You can use the compressed air in case you don’t want any sort of residue. Take a microfiber cloth again and clean the keyboard comprehensively.
- Step 3: Now dip a cloth in isopropyl alcohol or distilled water to clean the space in between the keys. Rubbing alcohol would be a better option as it will dry instantly and cleans the surface astonishingly.
- Step 4: A cotton swab will come to the rescue if you are finding it difficult to clean the in-between keys space with a cloth. Gently clean every curve and corner with the cotton swab
- Step 5: At the end, use a dry cloth to remove any water or rubbing alcohol residue and give a smooth finish. That’s it! Your laptop is all set and tidy for use.
This is the entire process of how to clean your laptop at home. Now your laptop is neat and almost looking like new. Make sure to air dry the laptop after the cleaning process before you use it.
Moreover, keep on cleaning your laptop frequently like monthly so the cleaning would be easy and you will be protected from many health concerns by regularly disinfecting your devices.
If you want to know more about laptop then check other blog posts on our website.