Coffee is the favorite drink of most adults. We drink it when we wake up, when we’re out with friends, or when we just need a pick-me-up. It’s hard to find a person who will say no to a good cup of coffee.
If you’re looking for a business idea that is bound to attract the attention of people of almost all ages, selling coffee is a good choice. And if you want to sell this beverage in the 21st century, you can’t go wrong with selling it online.
You just have to know all of the things your eCommerce store needs to thrive.
1. Find a Dropshipping Supplier
If you want to sell coffee online, you’re going to need an amazing dropshipping supplier that will be able to meet your needs and demands. If you want to build a loyal customer base, you need to work with a supplier who is dependable and will deliver great results at all times.
If you’re starting a private label coffee dropshipping business, you need a supplier who will make the private label coffee dropship services simple and efficient.
Here are a few things you need to take into consideration when choosing your supplier:
- Production capacity. If you plan to sell and ship out a lot of products, you need to find a supplier who can meet your demands on time, regardless of your production capacity.
- Cost. You don’t want to slash your profits by a considerate amount just to get the product to your customer. The ideal supplier will quote you a price you can easily pay each month without it doing considerable damage to your finances.
- Potential geographical limitations. There are some suppliers that only deliver packages to certain geographical markets based on the region where they’re located. Before you sign a contract with a supplier, make sure they will be able to deliver your products to the right people at the right places.
2. Start an Amazon FBA Business
For most people, when they’re buying anything online, they have just one website they go to – Amazon. This retail giant is synonymous with eCommerce, and they serve millions of people every day.
Each second, Amazon records $4,722 in sales, so if you want a fighting chance for success, you need to sell on Amazon. And the best way to do that is to start a Fulfillment by Amazon business, most commonly known as an Amazon FBA business.
If you do, you will be selling your products on the largest and most successful eCommerce website in the world and Amazon will do the bulk of the work. This company will receive and hold your inventory, prepare and send out shipments, and process returns.
From the perspective of today’s consumers, buying from Amazon is the safest and quickest way to get nearly any product they want. And since it’s a trustworthy platform, your business will appear trustworthy just by association when you sell your products there.
You will have access to millions of customers and have a much bigger chance of succeeding and growing your business than you would if you started just your own website. All you need to do is learn how to start an Amazon FBA business, and you will be selling in no time.
3. Go Through the Approval Process
If you sell private label coffee on Amazon, which is what we suggest, there is one thing that would be very smart to do, and that is going through Amazon’s approval process.
This is one of the biggest challenges for any vendor that is selling products on Amazon, but it’s a wise thing to do if you’re selling anything in the food category. This means you will have to provide Amazon with a license, a certificate for selling food, and prove you meet all the necessary regulations.
There is a lot of details you will have to provide to get approval, but it will be worth it. When you get approved, you will be able to show potential customers your products are safe for consumption.
4. Educate Yourself on Amazon’s A9 Algorithm
If you want to find success on Amazon, you need to ensure your products are showing up at the top of search results. As much as 75% of people never scroll past the first page of search engines, and with so many other sellers on Amazon, you need to learn how to fight for a top spot.
The best way to ensure that top result in searches is to educate yourself on the A9 algorithm that Amazon uses. Just like Google has SEO, amazon has A9, and those who understand the criteria the eCommerce giant uses to rank its results will have a much better chance of landing a good result.
Some of those factors include:
- Relevance of the query
- How much stock the seller has on inventory
- Competitiveness of the price
- Conversion rates of the seller
- How many reviews do you have, and if they’re positive
- How good your customer service is
If you’re thinking about starting any sort of online business nowadays, doing it through Amazon is probably the best business decision you can make. And when it comes to selling coffee, always remember that you already have a great product. You just need to know how to sell it.